Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So nervous!!!

So this weekend something will happen that I have been dreading for a while. JJ's parents are going to come to visit. This will be the first time I will meet them. Now not only do I have the typical meeting-the-parents-for-the-first-time jitters but JJ's parents are very, very Catholic (technically I am too but that is a whole other story) and they are not too thrilled about us living together. JJ has told me stories about his mom and I am completely terrified that she already thinks I am a huge slut for shacking up with her son.

They are getting here tomorrow night (AHHH!!!) at about 10:00pm. So we will probably all meet and then head to bed. It will be his parents, brother and sister all in our little house. That should be interesting. We are still trying to figure out where everyone is going to sleep. I know I will be sleeping alone in the guest room and JJ's parents will be in our room. JJ will probably be sleeping on the couch (because God forbid we sleep TOGETHER!). I have no clue where his brother and sister will be sleeping.

Friday night we will probably do something to celebrate the Fourth. Saturday night we will go out to dinner and then go to church. That leaves Friday during the day, Saturday during the day and all day Sunday to figure out something to do. I will probably cook dinner on Sunday night and I think his family wants to go shopping so we can do that Friday and/or Saturday during the day. But what the heck are we going to do all day Sunday???

My mom has already called me to give me her little pep talk. She knows what I am going through because the first time she met my father's parents, she was 18 and already pregnant with me. So I guess it could be worse. I am just so scared they have already judged me. I have lots of Catholic friends/family and I know they can be so judgemental (this is nothing against the Catholics out there. Like I have already said, I am Catholic too). JJ's 18-year-old sister has been texting him about the sin of sex before marriage. I am sure we will hit it off.

When I am nervous I either stop talking completely or ramble until I say something really really stupid and embarrassing. JJ and I have both been so stressed from work and the move. It is a really huge adjustment moving in with someone. We have been fighting a lot (nothing major) and I just don't want his parents to sense that.

At least I am going to California next week. If I can just get through this weekend and next week at work, I will have 10 days in California to not answer my phone, check email or stress about work!!!

Wish me luck for this weekend!

2 comments:

Jenny Grace said...

Well how did it go??

And also, you're seriously LIVING with him, yet not sleeping in the same room while they're there? They need a reality check, I don't care how Catholic they are.

Skylight Contractors Joplin said...

Greaat share