Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prozac and Wedding Dresses

I give up. I seriously cannot take this medication anymore. I have never experienced taking a drug that made me this incredibly sick. I called my doctor yesterday and told him that after a week I am still sick everyday and he told me to stop taking it. Thank God! I can handle my usual day to day sickness better than I can handle this stupid medication (I'm sure Prozac is great for some people so no offense). So I did not take the pill this morning. I am really hoping I will start feeling better by tomorrow. I'm completely exhausted from feeling so bad.

In other news, I found a dress on Saturday! I had just started looking and wasn't planning on actually buying a dress yet. I went to this little store about 30 minutes from my house and the first dress I put on was the one. I just knew it. My grandma was there with me and I could tell by her face that she loved it too. I tried on about 10 more dresses just in case and then put the first one back on. It is absolutely perfect. It was WAAAAY over my budget but I just didn't care. I absolutely had to have it. Here is the only picture I could find:


I was not allowed to take a picture in the store so I had to find one online. The one I bought is actually ivory and I think it is much prettier than the white. It from the Pronovias line and it is called Delfin. I just cannot express how beautiful it is. When I put it on and walked to the front of the store to stand on the platform, everyone was watching me. I announced that it was the one and everyone cheered! Someone said, "It looks very vintage" and that is a perfect way to describe it. I wish my mom could have been there to share that moment with me but it just wasn't possible. She is living in Chicago and won't be able to fly down here until April. By that point, it would be cutting it really close to the wedding. The dress takes an average of 5 months to be made and shipped! So I really wanted to go ahead and buy it. I am so excited that I have a dress! I'm completely broke now, but it's totally worth it!!!!

3 comments:

courtney said...

oooh, it's BEAUTIFUL.

Also, I think that once you pay for a dress, they should totally let you take pictures of it. it's not like you're not going to wear it to YOUR WEDDING in front of a real photographer or anything. such a stupid rule.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Here are some bigger pictures of the dress:
http://www.madonna.pl/en/pronovias.php?s=75.delfin