Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

So I have one more day of work before I get to go home to visit my family. My flight leaves at 9:20 AM from an airport that is 2 hours away. That means I will have to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to be able to get ready and get to the airport. AWESOME. Why do I keep doing that to myself?? At least I will be at my parents house at around noon.

We actually open all of our presents on Christmas Eve. We buy tons of meats like turkey, ham, salami, etc along with tons of cheeses. Then we get tomatoes and onions. We make the most AMAZING cold cut sandwiches ever. They are seriously awesome. While we eat our delicious sandwiches we watch A Christmas Story. After we are done eating, we start the fire and open all of our presents. We usually stay up really late playing with our presents and just being together. On Christmas day we eat the nice, large meal and go to church. I have no idea how this tradition started but I love it.

I got a lot of stuff done at work today so tomorrow is probably going to be pretty slow. Everyone in my department is getting so antsy and it is so funny. Every five minutes someone comes to my office to just sit and chat. I guess things don't really change that much from grade school. Oh and our CEO decided to let us all go at 3:00 tomorrow and charge for the whole day!!! He does that most of the time on the day before a holiday. We got out at 3:00 the day before Thanksgiving too. I seriously forget how amazing the company I work for is.

If I don't get a chance to blog again before Thursday, I hope everyone has a very happy holidays!!!!

No comments: