Thursday, October 23, 2008

Emergency Room

Today I woke up with a wierd pain in my upper leg area (above the thigh but below the hip). It was annoying but not unbearable. I went to work and throughout the morning it kept getting worse and worse and it moved to my thigh. I started to get a little scared. My dad's best friend recently lost his 17-year-old son due to a blood clot and I couldn't get that out of my head.

I struggled to decide what to do. Stay at work and worry? Or go to the ER and make sure everything was ok? I decided to go to the ER. We got in pretty quickly and they ruled out a blood clot. They did some blood work and said everything looked ok. They decided it was just a muscle cramp. I was so embarrassed that I went to the ER for a dang muscle cramp that I started crying. I mean, now that I think about it, it was the best option for me. If I hadn't gone and it was a blood clot, I could have died. I guess a little embarrassment isn't that bad.

The doctor gave me pain meds (which I am not going to take. why is medicine always the answer?) and told me to rest. Too bad. Now I can't work out tonight. :)

No comments: