Monday, May 19, 2008

Lonely No More

JJ is coming home tonight!!!! Yay!!! Now I won't have to sleep alone anymore! And he is going to be so proud of how much work I got done this weekend.

Saturday I had to go into work for a couple of hours. Afterward, I ran on the treadmill for a while and went home. That day I got pretty much the entire downstairs done. I brought up the hundreds (or so it seemed) of boxes strown about and put them upstairs in the correct bedroom. Then I had to find my boxes of kitchen stuff and unload all of that. Holy crap do I have a lot of dishes. Our kitchen is packed full of plates, bowls and silverware. Unfortunately, there is no food. But plenty of dishes!!

I brought in my old coffee table and discovered it clashes horribly with our living room furniture and the floor. We have a really pretty dark wood floor and the table is this yellowy wood. It looks bad. So it looks like we will need a new coffee table too!

On Sunday I spent the entire day working on the bathrooms and the master bedroom. After taking care of all of that, I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, and cleaned all the floors (vacuumed and mopped). I also did about 5 loads of laundry. By Sunday night I was completely exhausted.

But it will all be worth it when JJ comes home tonight. I am going to make him some tofu spaghetti (I am a vegetarian and JJ is just really really healthy) and help him unpack. I really hope he likes the house!

Only 7 hours and 34 minutes left til he's home!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting so much done! Some people say moving day is the hardest - I think it's the unpacking and trying to decide where everything will fit! Enjoy the new place. Glad to hear that Little P is doing better!

Anonymous said...

I hate moving! Especially unpacking! I've lived in this house for 10 years now, and still have boxes out in the back shed that I have never opened. *is embarrassed*You did a ton of work in such a few short days. I hope JJ shows his appreciation ;)

Found you through the Dad Gone Mad Links!

Susan said...

I just got mad at my coffee table and threw it outside so I'll take your old one ;)

Congrats on the move and I'm glad to hear that Little P is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move! I am a military brat so I have moved every couple years all my life. I think it's the cleaning that is the hardest part of it.

5 loads of laundry? Your mountain must not be as big as mine....I'm jealous.

Jenny Grace said...

Keep up that hard work and it all pays off in the end. Thanks for the well wishes on the fire, it's contained on my parents' side, so everything should be fine for them.