Thursday, May 22, 2008

3-Day Weekend

It is so nice to have JJ back! I love not having to be alone in the house all the time. He got back on Monday and we have been pretty busy since then. He LOVED what I did with the house and seemed really grateful that I worked that hard for him. I made him dinner (the tofu spaghetti) and it was AMAZING! It was really simple and cheap to make and JJ ate a ton of it.

We also bought some new furniture!!! We are still waiting on a bedroom set we bought to be delivered. Hopefully it will come next week. This week we bought a dining room table, coffee table, end tables and a really pretty rug for the living room. I really like everything but there is something a tad wierd about our dining room table. There are all these little spots that have scuff marks and then little holes all over the scuff mark. We thought it may have been just something wrong with it but when we asked about it, they said that is how their manufacture makes it look "rustic." Ok whatever.

Little P is still doing really great. She loves going on walks with JJ and I. I think JJ really loves having a dog around. Everytime I take her out to pee, JJ will follow and play fetch with her. They are both adorable.

So is anyone doing anything special for the 3-day weekend?

I am really looking forward to it. I seriously need a break due to all the stress I have had lately. On Saturday night we are going to a concert. Taylor Swift and some other pretty big country music stars are coming to our humble little town so JJ and I decided to go. It will be nice to get out and do something. The rest of the weekend I am not planning on doing much. I will probably go out and try to find some pants to wear to work since two pairs that I recently bought I can't wear anymore. Other than that I just want to relax. I just need some time to breathe and unwind since I have not been able to do that for the past month. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

not to sound like a walking florida stereotype or anything but...I'll be at the beach!

courtney said...

oh i'm jealous. you get/got to see taylor swift? man. i'm really just jealous.