Friday, June 19, 2009

Bike Riding Potty Mouth

Yesterday JJ and I went for a walk. It was a pretty nice evening even though it was pretty warm. It has been in the upper 90's the past couple of weeks. I don't mind it because I really love summer. Anyway, I wasn't feeling that great so I wasn't in the best of moods. I had been sick to my stomach all week and was really getting tired of it. I am still struggling with my health issues but things have gotten a lot better.

So we were walking around this cul-de-sac and we heard this kid screaming something. I didn't really pay attention since there are constantly kids running around and playing in our neighborhood. Around the same time this family was getting out of their van. The mother asked us if we knew the kid on the bike. We were both confused and said, "What kid?" The woman said that some kid on a bike had just ridden by and yelled some inappropriate things. She said that the boy yelled, "Hey you with the dog! You're and effing beach!" Except he didn't say "effing" and he didn't say "beach." I think you get what I mean. We were walking with Piper so he had to be referring to us. I couldn't believe it!

I'm not sure why but I just burst into tears. I don't know if it was because I was just called a b*$ch by someone I didn't know, because I didn't feel good all day, or because I felt embarrassed to be called a b*$ch in front of a family but I just started crying. JJ didn't understand why I was crying and tried to cheer me up by telling me that the kid didn't even know me so I shouldn't be upset. But I just was. When I was younger I couldn't imagine doing that to someone. Neither could JJ. I just wonder what kind of parents that kid had and what kind of person he will grow up to be.

No comments: