Friday, October 2, 2009

Almost There!

Next week at this time I will be getting ready for the rehearsal. Is that not crazy!!??

We are almost done with all the last minute planning. I still need to finish the favors (I only have about 30 more to do), print the programs, book our nail appointment the day before the wedding, find some earrings to wear, find a necklace to wear with my rehearsal outfit and buy the candles for the centerpieces. That's it! After this weekend I will pretty much be done and I can just enjoy visiting with family.

It is amazing how many emotions are running through me. One minute I am tearful because I am so happy, the next minute I am stressed about little details, the next I am incredibly nervous and then the next I am overwhelmed with excitement. It still feels so surreal. I have had 9 months to plan for this and it always felt so far away. I had started to think it would never get here and now it is right around the corner.

The weather today is absolutely gorgeous and I hope it will be this nice for the wedding. The leaves are just barely changing and I'm really hoping there will be even more colors in a week. I can't wait to show you guys our pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's crazy how your wedding is almost the same day as my best friends. I'm singing a song in hers so I only have about a week left to practice. It's weird how nerve racking weddings make people, even the ones that aren't getting married. I've booked my hotel, still have to pick up my dress from being altered and do the final fitting, get shoes for the rehearsal dinner, and purchase my friend's present. They're doing a honeyfund thing so that'll be easy.

Crazy! :)

Dana Whitaker said...

Don't lose sight of the fact that your wedding is a day, but your marriage is forever. Even if you face some glitches to the rehearsal or the ceremony or the reception, it's a wonderful day to start a wonderful, unified life.

jeebus, I sound preachy! Anyway, don't get so stressed about the details that you forget to just enjoy the fabulousness of your wedding day. I'll save my wedding horror stories for after you've gotten hitched ;-)

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

Wow, you started planning your wedding 9 months out? I have 9 months left to go and I am already freaking out a little bit because my engagement is now halfway over. I think that you are doing extremely well! The emotions will always be there because you are human, but I know that your wedding day will come together smoothly and it will be so beautiful! Best wishes and good luck! Don't forget to take a moment to breathe and take it all in. Can't wait to hear all about it afterward! :)

Mrs T said...

Hey, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am feeling pretty crazy right now with 37 days to go. Glad to know everyone feels a bit all over the place!