Wednesday, January 14, 2009

AHHH!!

Planning a wedding is way more difficult than I had imagined. JJ and I are paying for everything ourselves which means we have a very small budget. I have discovered that I should have picked a career in the wedding industry because HOLY COW is everything expensive!! We were having trouble finding a photographer for less than $1500 for ONE DAY! I wish I made that much for one day.

We have set a date; October 10, 2009 at 2:00pm. We are getting married at this beautiful Catholic church. We wanted to keep it as small as possible so we are sending out about 10 invitations and expecting around 75 to actually attend. I was hoping it would be smaller but JJ has a really big family.

I have a family friend that is helping me out with the reception so I should get a decent price on that. I am planning on doing all the decorations myself. We are (of course!) going to do a fall theme and I think my colors are going to be red, burnt orange and chocoalte brown. Me and my grandmother are going to go look for a wedding dress on Monday since I get the day off from work. I'm really hoping I can find one that I can actually afford!

I am going to try really hard to not turn this blog into a "wedding blog." I am sure that I will talk about the stresses of planning a wedding (and the excitement of course!) but I promise that is not the only thing I will talk about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David's Bridal. I don't know what you're budget is, but they have amazing dresses, in my opinion. :)